Andis Foundation, the charitable giving arm of Andis Company, has announced eight grant recipients so far, this year. Grants are prioritized to locally-based programs that operate within the Foundation’s mission to help build strong families, develop thriving kids and foster a vibrant community in which to live.
“The Andis Foundation is excited to continue to develop partnerships with organizations that exhibit Andis Company’s guiding values of excellence, integrity and respect while building strong communities on the foundation of families,” said Laura Andis Bishop, co-president of Andis Company. “Since we began awarding Foundation grants in 2016, we’ve been able to provide over $500,000 in aid to some fantastic organizations that are really impacting their communities.”
This year’s Andis Foundation recipients include:
– EPEC – The Grooming Project: A Kansas City, Missouri, organization that strengthens families by helping unemployed single mothers find their new way into self-sufficiency by learning the craft of dog grooming.
– John XXIII Educational Center: A Racine, Wisconsin-based after-school program that prepares students to graduate from high school with the skills needed for success in the workforce and in higher education.
– The Racine Art Museum’s RAM on the Road Program: RAM on the Road is a creative solution that delivers art education to school-aged children in the Racine area via a mobile art studio.
– The George Bray Neighborhood YMCA: This Racine YMCA branch is again receiving support from the Andis Foundation as it strives to provide area youth with programs that build on a healthy spirit, mind and body.
– Racine ZOO Conservation Nation Program: A new program for the Racine Zoo in 2018, Conservation Nation is a family-focused education program that will provide engaging opportunities for families to learn and problem solve together. The program raises awareness for wildlife conservation locally and globally.
– Wisconsin FFA Foundation: Andis Foundation will again provide support to Wisconsin FAA’s Supervised Agricultural Experiences programs designed to help students develop critical skills to the care and business management of beef livestock, as well as foster ingenuity and engagement in the Agriculture industry.
– Hospitality Center of Racine: This new program, inspired by Andis Company associates, provides people in need with monthly haircutting services at no charge. Services will take place at a “pop-up” barbershop within the Center and are available for both adults and youth. In addition to funding, local Andis Company associates and hair professionals will be volunteering to deliver the barbering and hairstyling services.
– WI Humane Society of Racine County: Andis is continuing its funding for the Humane Society in Racine, where it will provide support for monthly pet grooming on animals awaiting adoption. In addition to funding, the bathing and grooming work will be performed by Andis Company associates and volunteer dog groomers. (Pictured is Shelter Operations Manager Andrea Miszewski with Kira, a recent stray who is getting a little grooming and clipper work done prior to her adoption availability.)
In addition to the above grants, Andis Foundation matches Andis Company’s annual United Way corporate giving campaign and conducts a formal matching program for the benefit of charities supported by Andis Company associates. It also created the Next Generation Leaders Scholarship program, awarding financial assistance for the children of Andis Company associates pursuing secondary and post-secondary education. To date, the Andis Foundation has supported 10 kids in their journey to advance their education.