After months of preparation and anticipation, APPA and PIDA are excited that Global Pet Expo 2022 has finally arrived. We look forward to welcoming retailers, distributors, importers and pet industry experts from around the world to Orlando. Our trade show team has been hard at work making sure this year’s event is the best yet. From opportunities to discover new products and trends, learn from experts about what it takes to succeed and network with industry peers, we are confident you will leave Global Pet Expo energized with new relationships, tools and ideas to continue building your business and growing throughout the remainder of the year. And we thank you for your diligence to health protocols to ensure everyone can safely enjoy the show.
Many of you may be wondering what’s new since our last in-person show. First, we are excited to be in the South Concourse of the Orange County Convention Center, a new location for us. Investments in this year’s show include an improved layout, easier to navigate floor plan, simplified registration process, Map Your Show online directory and planning tools, an enhanced mobile app (which we hope you are already using) and upgraded services on-site. We hope these upgrades and additions will further enhance your Global Pet Expo experience.
We are also especially excited eager for the Global Learning Series. These business-focused, education sessions are traditionally one of the most beneficial aspects of Global Pet Expo. This year’s Learning Pathways include the Retailer Success Series; Market and Data Insights; Retail Market Tour; and Paws2Learn Mini-Sessions. Each of the more than 40 sessions is designed to give exclusive access to experts on industry trends, business strategy and leadership development, leaving you with actionable takeaways that make a real difference in your businesses.
Global Pet Expo will also have a digital component this year. All exhibitors and buyers will be able to log in and continue participating and interacting digitally after the in-person portion ends. Users can see products, make appointments, access education and more, extending the value of the show even further.
As always, we are looking forward to the New Products Showcase. Make sure to stop by this dedicated area of the show floor to see hundreds of debut products and designs, and don’t forget to cast your vote for the New Products Showcase awards in your official show app. We will also host a series of 15- to 20-minute education sessions from the New Products Showcase stage. Other specialty sections include The Natural Pet, Everything Aquatic, The Boutique and What’s New! These areas can be helpful for anyone looking for specific products or trends.
Read on for five tips to help you get the most out of Global Pet Expo 2022:
- Do your homework. Search online profiles at GlobalPetExpo.org, then schedule an appointment with any exhibitors that are of interest. You can do that through the matchmaking platform on globalpetexpo.org. Watch a product demo video or review product brochures on their online profile to make sure you are armed with all available knowledge ahead of the event.
- Be efficient. Use the new Map Your Show online directory and planning tools and enhanced mobile app, as well as the show’s website, to schedule appointments and stay up-to-date on all the opportunities taking place throughout the show. The trolley that runs a loop through the exhibit hall is a great way to cover a lot of ground quickly.
- Shop show specials. Many exhibitors offer price and/or volume discounts, rebates with a purchase, waived or reduced minimums, free shipping and more. Search exhibitors in the mobile app and discover new products to grow your key categories, expand your customer base and differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Learn. Take advantage of as many free Global Learning Series sessions as time allows. The sessions are designed to reflect sound adult learning principles and the best thinking in the field. Pre-show sessions featuring some of the show’s most popular speakers take place on Tuesday afternoon and continue through Friday.
- Connect in-person and online. The power of face-to-face interactions is one of the biggest benefits of attending the show. Network with industry thought leaders, share ideas with other experts and reconnect with peers. Plus, follow along and engage with the show on its official social channels using #GlobalPetExpo. You may even see your content featured on our channels!
On behalf of everyone at APPA and PIDA, enjoy the show!
Andrew Darmohraj is executive vice president and chief operating officer at American Pet Products Association (APPA). He has been with APPA since 1997. He oversees all aspects of APPA’s day-to-day operations including membership, accounting, and the marketing communications and public relations department which promotes APPA’s mission, its members and the pet products industry.