Toto Pet Insurance, Inc. launched this week in over 30 states with the missions of donating $1 out of every $5 it earns from its insurance carrier to perform lifesaving care on pets in need and of providing industry-leading benefits through a product that can be customized to fit pet owners’ monthly budgets.
“We believe Toto not only has the responsibility to be the best pet insurance in America, but also the best for America,” said Bruce Trowbridge, CEO and co-founder of Toto Pet Insurance. “Our main mission is to inspire pet parents to use pet insurance not only for their own dog or cat, but also to ‘pay it forward’ for pets in their communities that otherwise be put down too soon.”
Advancements in veterinary care have greatly expanded treatment options available to veterinarians and their clients, but with those increased options have come increased costs. Consumer spending on veterinary care rose from $4.9 billion in 1991 to $35 billion in 2015, according to Bloomberg—more than triple the rate of inflation. This steep uptick in spending coincides with the shift in the role of domesticated animals play in the lives of Americans. Today, 98 percent say they consider their pets as “family members or companions,” according to a recent survey by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
According to Toto, pet owners seldom financially prepare for the unexpected injuries and illnesses that will occur and can cost thousands of dollars and often underestimate the cost of veterinary treatments associated with the particular breed of their dog or cat. To help, Toto lets owners check the lifetime health cost of pet breeds and to obtain a free quote on the company website.
- Coverage varies by state and will be available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., within the coming months. Toto Benefits include:
- A customizable insurance plan to fit the specific needs of pets and their owners’ monthly budgets;
- A wide range of options up to unlimited benefits and 90 percent reimbursement;
- Total protection available, including illness, injury and preventative care;
- Claims processed fast (most in three to four days);
- Some of the shortest waiting periods in the industry, including two days for accidents and 14 days for illness;
- A 30-day money-back guarantee.
“Pet insurance improves the health and wellness of pets and prevents heartbreaking decisions for pet parents when the needed medical care is not affordable. At Toto Pet Insurance, our goal is to provide the best pet insurance while empowering our customers to help meet the needs of less fortunate pets in their communities. Put simply, you can protect your pet while saving the life of another,” Trowbridge said.