The Lehigh Valley Pet Expo returns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 27-29, at the Agri-Plex at Allentown Fairgrounds. Friday night is “Family Night,” and so kids 12 and under will be admitted for free. The show continues Saturday, January 28, 10 a.m.–7 p.m. and Sunday, January 29, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Family Pet Shows are designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets and feature many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, hands-on-petting zoo, pet adoptions and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets.
The Lehigh Valley Pet Expo is expected to draw thousands of attendees over the three-day event. Over 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand. Some of this year’s highlights are:
- Gail Mirabella and The Dynamo Dogs Variety Act: You can teach your old do new tricks – these veteran-performing dogs will knock the spectators’ socks off with their Trick Dog Show Routine, Frisbee Dog Acrobatics and dynamite performances. Gail and her canine friends will wow the crowd as they do all over the country. Gail recently performed at the National Dog Show and the Westminster Kennel Club dog show in 2016.
- Rabbit Hopping and NEW at this Year’s Show Guinea Pig Agility: Rabbit Hopping, it’s not the bunny hop you’re thinking of, but talented rabbits who love to jump. Guinea Pit Agility? Move over, border collies, there’s a new agility in town. Allikatt’s Bunnies will present an agility demo of rabbits hopping and guinea pig agility all weekend, and there is even a seminar so you can learn how to get involved in this sport with your own hare.
- Kan Do K9’s Sport Association: Featured in the ring on Saturday and Sunday, spectators will watch dogs fly through the agility course and learn about Rally.
- Rainforest Reptile Show: An exciting, fascinating adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world. Many exotic reptiles will be slithering around at the show.
- New! Bird Mania: If you are a feathered friend enthusiast, you want to be sure to see the bird mania attraction at the show.
- TICA Championship Cat Show: For cat lovers who have never been to a cat show, this is a purrific way to see all different breeds of cats up close.
- Dancing with your Dog: On Sunday see dogs dance to a choreographed routine with their trainer, Kan Do K9’s–watch out, “Dancing with the Stars!”
In addition, attendees can enjoy a petting zoo, pony rides, and learn about and meet alpacas and other unusual and exotic animals.
“We always highly endorse responsible pet ownership at our family and pet friendly pet expos (and) are very happy to back in Lehigh Valley in January,” said show organizer Karen Garetano of Family Pet Shows, who hosts the annual Lehigh Valley Pet Expo. “And we have added new attractions and acts to the show so attendees can expect to see many fun and entertaining animals, pet vendors, rescue groups and attractions.”
Attendees are allowed to bring their well-behaved pets to the expo. There are some regulations and restrictions, so check www.familypetshows.com or contact Family Pet Show for more details. People can also participate with their purebred dogs in our Parade of Breeds, taking place at the expo on Saturday, January 28. Check out the website for information.
The Lehigh Valley Pet Expo will be held on Friday, January 27, 4 p..m.–9 p.m.; Saturday, January 28, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; and on Sunday, January 29, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children (ages 12 and under). Those 3 and under are admitted free. You can go to the website at www.familypetshows.com to purchase tickets online. Check Family Pet Show’s Facebook page for promotional codes for the online tickets. Parking is free.
There is an additional nominal charge for some attractions.