Press release: Portland Pet Food Company
Portland Pet Food Company (PPFC), an award-winning manufacturer of human-grade pet food, is kicking off September — which is Animal Pain Awareness Month — by expanding its online distribution presence through a partnership with PetMeds. PPFC’s Homestyle Dog Meals and Dog Biscuits are now available for purchase on PetMeds’ website.
PetMeds, your trusted pet health expert, is the nation’s leader in online pet products and services. With over 25 years of pet-focused expertise, PetMeds seeks to partner with brands who share its passion for creating solutions and enhancing the pet experience, particularly in the fast-growing pet wellness space. In addition to its collaboration with PPFC, which will give PetMeds’ 10 million U.S. based pet parents access to all-natural, great-tasting and nutritious pet food products, PetMeds is now the exclusive fulfillment provider of prescription pet medications and OTC products through pet telemedicine pioneer Vester.
“We’re excited to expand our reach across the United States by forming a relationship with PetMeds, who is a great partner and shares our mission in keeping pets happy and healthy for as long as possible,” said Katie McCarron, founder of PPFC. “We know firsthand that proper nutrition is a simple way to minimize and prevent a pet’s pain and discomfort, and now our partnership with PetMeds will ensure that our healthy and wholesome products are accessible to even more health-conscious pet parents.”
PPFC’s products include a variety of simple ingredients that aid in assisting aging and ailing dogs, specifically:
- Palatable for picky eaters: PPFC’s wet food products are extremely palatable, which makes them great for dogs that have lost their sense of smell and taste or are just picky; they also come in a microwaveable pouch that can be heated to entice the pickiest eaters.
- Medication Delivery: The wet meals/toppers are excellent as a vehicle for hiding pills and make a prescription diet much more palatable when used as a topper/mixer.
- Dental issues: Dogs with teeth issues or recovering from dental procedures benefit from the soft meals that offer excellent nutrition.
- Easily Digestible: Fresh food is more bioavailable for dogs, which means the nutrients are easier to digest, and thus, the dog’s stomach does not have to work as hard to process — great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Hydration: PPFC’s wet food offers more hydration. Kibble diets are very low in moisture, so adding a wet topper is a great way to balance out the feeding, and is particularly helpful for inflammation, joint health, urinary and renal issues, and active dogs.
“It’s an exciting time when we team up with similarly minded brands like Portland Pet Food Company who put exceptional care into their products and place pet wellness at the forefront of everything that they do,” said Matt Hulett, CEO and president of PetMed Express, Inc. “I know the millions of pet parents who rely on PetMeds for high-quality pet food and treats will be especially pleased with this new partnership.”