Press release: WPA
Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference, the Southeast’s largest trade show dedicated to grooming professionals, will run from March 10-13 at the Georgia International Convention Center in College Park, Georgia.
Produced by the World Pet Association (WPA), Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference will bring four days of unmatched educational opportunities, invaluable networking sessions, celebrated grooming contests and cutting-edge products to inspire innovation for the grooming and pet care community.
“Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference is one of the most anticipated events of the year dedicated to the art and business of pet grooming,” said Vic Mason, president of WPA. “We are thrilled to once again offer an exciting lineup of immersive, hands-on grooming seminars, curated courses featuring the most esteemed professionals in the industry and the Southeast’s biggest grooming contests. This, coupled with the showcase of the latest and greatest new products, ensures that our attendees will leave with everything they need to inspire their craft throughout the year.”
Here’s what to expect at Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference 2022:
Top-Notch Education Led by Industry Experts
With more than 50 live demos, hands-on workshops and business seminars led by industry experts, Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference is where attendees come to learn the latest skills, tips and techniques to perfect their craft and grow their business. With WPA’s Professional Grooming Credential (PGC) program, pet groomers can participate in an administered, standardized measurement that assesses pet groomers’ practices and professional knowledge base, including foundational knowledge, safety and technical skills. Comprehensive education will take place from Friday to Sunday and will include several new and exciting sessions.
- “Puppy Grooming 101” with Shannon Tupes
- “Grooming Products Sneak Peek” with Tammy Siert
- “How to Choose the Correct Grooming Tools” with Olga Zabelinskaya
- “How to Monetize Creative in Your Salon” with Angela Kumpe
- “Freestyle with a Creative Twist Model Dog Workshop” with Adriane Pope and Angela Kumpe
- “Advanced Hair & Skin: A Recipe for Success” with Dr. Cliff Faver
Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference welcomes 24 industry experts for compelling sessions, with several first-time presenters, including:
- Christein Pearson-Sertzel: “Effective and Mindful Deshedding and Dematting” and “Mindful Methods and Product Choices by Coat Type” (PGC-approved courses)
- Anjie Coates: “Customer Service and Customer Relations” and “Salon Sanitation (PGC-approved courses)
- Melissa Klass: “The Stunning Irish Setter”
- Anne Francis: “It’s About Time! Anne’s Shop Shortcuts,” “Mix It Up!” “Adding Pizzazz to Your Pet Poodle Trims” and “It’s a Snap! Snap-on Combs to Simplify Your Everyday Grooms”
All-star grooming will take center stage when the best of the best competes for over $20,000 in prizes. This year, contestants of all levels will have the opportunity to show off their skills in 10 contests and will be judged by some of the most renowned groomers in the industry, including:
- Anne Francis, NCMG (Village Groomer): Award-winning groomer and journalist, Certified Master Groomer with the National Dog Groomers Association of America, Andis Global Educator, GroomTeam USA member 2014–2016
- Irina Pinkusevich, NCMG (Groom Haüs): Award-winning international judge and lecturer, National Certified Master Groomer with the National Dog Groomers Association of America, GroomTeam USA member 2008–2013
- Jonathan David (Owner, That Groomer Guy Mobile Pet Grooming): Featured expert for Animal Planet and ABC’s “The View;” award-winning competitor, journalist, and judge; GroomTeam USA member 2008–2009
- Olga Zabelinskaya (Owner/Operator Elite Pet Spa & Boutique): Award-winning Internationally Certified Master Groomer, Westminster stylist, GroomTeam USA member 2008–2014
Forward-Thinking Pet Care Products
More than 125 exhibitors will showcase the latest in shears and tools, fashion and accessories, wellness products and more. As an added benefit, attendees will receive exclusive show deals and discounts from many of the industry’s top suppliers, providing an affordable way for attending expert groomers and pet care professionals to test new tools and the latest innovations.
GroomBowl Specialty Event
GroomBowl is back and set to kick off on Sunday, March 13. Here, professional and amateur groomers will compete in a revolutionary contest that combines grooming skills and gaming strategy. From industry legends competing in the Professional Division to undiscovered talent in the Amateur Division, groomers will compete in this team-format, sporting style showdown to claim the GroomBowl Championship.
In-Person Networking and Connections
Attendees can join 2,100 fellow grooming and pet care professionals for industry networking events to share ideas, enjoy conversations and have some fun.