Press release: World Pet Association
GROOM’D, the grooming-focused conference and trade show produced by World Pet Association (WPA), is set to kick off next month at the Georgia International Conference Center in College Park, Georgia. From March 10-12, GROOM’D will bring three days of educational opportunities, networking parties, grooming contests and product sourcing to over 3,000 grooming and pet care professionals from across the U.S.
Formerly known as Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference (one of the most well-known grooming trade shows in the country), the event received a fresh look and name in 2022. GROOM’D 2023 will include all the features and business-enhancing opportunities that Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference participants know and love.
“We can’t wait to meet this year for the first-ever GROOM’D and continue providing pet grooming and services/boarding professionals with everything they need to transform their passion into profitability,” said Vic Mason, president of WPA. “We are excited to debut GROOM’D next month. We wanted our branding to feel modern, fun and represent everything the pet services community brings to our annual event. The new, simplified logo, name and colorful imagery accomplish those objectives and convey the true nature of the show — professional, energetic and exciting.”
GROOM’D 2023 will feature:
Top-Notch Education Led by Industry Experts
With more than 95 hours of education including 58 seminars, live demos and hands-on workshops led by industry experts, GROOM’D provides unmatched opportunities for pet styling professionals of all experience levels to perfect their craft and grow their businesses. The show also offers 10 courses (including three CPR classes) that provide continuing education credits for professionals maintaining their Professional Grooming Credential (PGC). Non-PCG groomers also benefit from these sessions by updating their foundational knowledge, safety and technical skills. The comprehensive education program will take place Friday-Sunday and will feature several new and fan-favorite sessions, including:
- Jonathan David: “Groom-A-Doodle Do!” (live demo)
- Jodi Murphy: “Poodle Miami Trim” (live demo)
- Teri DiMarino: “Ready-Set, Go – Bathe, Prep, Dry!” (PGC course)
- Dr. Cliff Faver: “Hair and Skin 101” and companion course “Advanced Hair and Skin: A Recipe for Success” (PGC courses)
- Dale Sanson, PhD, MBA: “What is in My Grooming Products?” (PGC course)
- Chris Anthony: “Caring for You – Your Most Irreplaceable Tool”
- Joe Zuccarello: “Maximizing Productivity Through Schedule Management”
GROOM’D will welcome 27 industry experts to lead these sessions at this year’s event, including several participating for the first time as speakers:
- Samantha Palya: “From Pet Groomer to Enrichment Stylist” and “How to Enhance Your Business Through Enrichment Based Grooming”
- Nelva J. Bryant, DVM: “Pet Travel — How to Prepare for Travel Via Air” and “Common Infectious Diseases in Pets”
- Elli Bultemeier: “Grooming the English Cocker Spaniel,” “Drab to Fab Doodle” and “Pricing for Profit”
- Mindy Dinwiddie: “Geriatric Grooming Certificate Class” and “Client Communication: How to De-escalate Angry Clients”
- Denise Heroux: “Setting Up Your Business for Success with Employees,” “Successful Employee Management” and “You Are Ready to Hire … Now What?”
- Sierra Elbert, PGC, ICPG, PDS, MPS: “The Dance: Business Practices of the Professional Pet Groomer” and “Doodle and Poodle Mixes”
- Imani Jeffries: “Mobile Grooming 101: The Ins and Outs of a Successful Mobile Grooming Business”
Grooming all-stars of all experience levels will have the chance to compete for $15,500 in prize money and showcase their talent in multiple contests. Celebrity judges include:
- Jonathan David (Owner, That Groomer Guy Mobile Pet Grooming): Featured expert for Animal Planet and ABC’s “The View;” award-winning competitor, journalist, and judge; GroomTeam USA member 2008–2009 *Best in Show judge for GROOM’D 2023
- Victor Rosado (Master Groomer, EDUGROOM): World Grooming Gold Team Champion, Belgium 2017; #1 United States Groomer 2017; 100+ awards in Sporting, Handstripping, Scissored Breeds, and Poodles Tournaments
- Jodi Murphy (Owner, Jodi Murphy Grooming Products): Certified Master Pet Stylist, GroomTeam USA member for four years, #1 United States Groomer 2004, Best American Groomer in 2005 and 2006, World Championship title winner
- Adriane Pope (Owner, Adriane’s Groom & Go Mobile Grooming): Cardinal Crystal Award, Mobile Groomer of the Year and Creative Groomer of the Year nominee; Dog World, World Champion Creative Groomer, 2017; featured in “Well Groomed” HBO documentary, 2019
Innovative Pet Care Products
More than 100 exhibitors will showcase the latest in shears and tools, fashion and accessories, wellness products, technology and more at GROOM’D. Attendees will receive exclusive show deals and discounts from many of the industry’s top suppliers, providing an affordable way for attending groomers and pet care professionals to secure the best new products on the market.
In-Person Networking and Connections
GROOM’D brings together more than 3,000 grooming and pet care professionals for industry networking events that facilitate idea sharing and collaboration. This year’s networking reception will be held Friday, March 10 from 5-7 p.m. The Paint & Pour Party will be held Saturday, March 11 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and is a ticketed event with limited spaces.