Press release: American Association of Feline Practitioners
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) Annual Conference is back for 2022 in a hybrid format. Veterinary professionals from around the globe are invited to attend the conference live this October 27-30 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center or online through the virtual platform. This year’s conference will cover aspects of the environment, interactions, techniques, and caregiver education, as well as many medical topics.
“We are excited to show how Cat Friendly interactions, handling, approach, and considerations should be incorporated into all aspects of feline care – from starting at home through the veterinary experience and environment, and the through the diagnosis, treatment, and management of the feline patient,” said Heather O’Steen, CAE, AAFP CEO. This year’s theme, Enriching Feline Care & the Veterinary Experience, will provide practical and relevant feline content. Just a few topics include the challenging cat, hyperthyroidism grey-zone results, diabetes, pediatric kittens, the critical cat, inter-cat conflict, CKD, pain exams, pancreatitis, multi-cat households, elimination, cardiomyopathy and much more.
The AAFP 2022 Hybrid Conference includes:
- In-person and virtual registration options
- Pre-conference day ancillary sessions on October 27 (requires separate registration)
- An all-star lineup of distinguished feline expert speakers
- In-person and virtual exhibit hall with over 85 exhibitors
- Hands-on Orthopedic Evaluation Workshop and Cat Friendly Interactions and Handling Workshop for in-person attendees
- Lunch & Learn CE sessions for in-person attendees
- Networking activities and social events for in-person attendees
- 10-year Cat Friendly Practice® Program Celebration for in-person attendees
- Digital conference proceedings notes
- Downloadable conference app available to all attendees
- And more.
In-person attendees can access up to 32.5 Continuing Education (CE) Hours and up to 69.5 CE Hours with onsite and on-demand sessions. Virtual attendees can access up to 27.5 live-streamed CE Hours and up to 59.5 CE Hours with both live-streaming and on-demand sessions. Recorded sessions will remain available to all attendees for streaming until June 30, 2023.
Registration for the AAFP 2022 Annual Conference is open and you must register by September 23 to lock in savings and secure the early-bird rate. AAFP Members are eligible for an exclusive discount.