Press release: Pet Food Express
Pet Food Express recently announced its Virtual Pet Fair, California’s largest pet adoption event and the pet industry’s first-ever virtual fair of its size. Running from September 1-30, the Pet Food Express Virtual Pet Fair will offer animal lovers the chance to meet and adopt new pets from more than 100 rescue and shelter partners from all over California. Plus, September 11 and 12 is a special Pet Fair weekend with a full line-up of virtual live events like cat yoga and seminars with experts like Animal Planet’s Jackson Galaxy, and in-person store adoption events, contests, product give-aways, and much more. The adoption goal for the month-long Virtual Pet Fair is 3,500 animals.
“The 2021 Virtual Pet Fair is a whole different animal! We’re pioneering a new way of hosting pet adoptions,” said Mike Murray, director of community relations for Pet Food Express. “Our virtual platform will support more animals getting rescued by connecting 100+ partner organizations with a broader group of animal lovers. And, we’re hosting really fun live events to entertain and educate. From cats and dogs to lizards and livestock, let’s find 7,000 rescued animals new forever homes.”
September 1-30: Virtual Pet Fair
- Animal Adoptions: Search for, virtually meet, and adopt rescued animals from 100+ California rescues and shelters.
- Pet Experts: Connect with pet product vendors, animal-centric non-profits, vets, trainers, and more.
- Sweepstakes: From September 1 – 12, numerous ways to enter to win 2 tickets (+ the winner’s dog), hotel, and airfare to Audacy Live with Coldplay, an exclusive performance in LA and other great prizes.
- Contest: September 12 – 19 in Pet Food Express stores, customers can enter to win 10 prizes by snapping a selfie with a pet in the Open Farm Kissing Booth and sharing it on IG, Twitter or Facebook using #PFEPetFairEntry and #OpenFarm.
Special Pet Fair Weekend (September 11 & 12)
- Hosted Seminars: Live speakers every hour on the hour with special guest Animal Planet’s Cat Expert Jackson Galaxy on Sunday, September 12, 2-3pm sharing “Catification 101: Environmental Enrichment for Your Cat’s Best Life”
- “Ask the” Booths: Ask the Vet, Ask the Trainer, and Ask the Expert
- Live Q&As: Live Q&As with shelters and rescues, product manufacturers, and animal-centric nonprofits. Learn about nutrition, training, humane and sustainable products, animal-assisted therapy, service animal training and placement, wildlife rescue and rehab, and more.
- Special 9/11 Memorial Tribute: On Saturday, September 11, 2-3pm, join us for an informative talk on Canine Search and Rescue with Chuck Wong, US&R CA-TF4 K-9 handler with FEMA. Learn about these heroic teams and the important role they play in disaster relief and recovery after events like 9/11. *Please note that due to scheduling conflicts this discussion will be pre-recorded and will not feature a live Q&A.
- In-Person Animal Adoptions: Local animal rescues will bring in adoptable pets like dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, birds and bunnies for animal-lovers to meet in person at participating Pet Food Express stores.
For any animal adopted through the Virtual Pet Fair, Pet Food Express will donate $25 to the rescue or shelter adopting out the animal. Plus, the new pet parent will receive a special Wag Bag, including hundreds of dollars in Pet Food Express pet products to begin caring for their new forever pet. To participate in the Virtual Pet Fair, register here.
Pet Food Express is California’s trusted pet expert dedicated to helping pets live longer, healthier lives. Founded in 1986 by Michael Levy and Mark Witriol out of a passion for dogs, Pet Food Express has reimagined pet care by focusing on the very best products. The company sells only what they trust to care for their own pets. From its variety of nutrient-rich foods like raw and fresh prepared foods and its high quality products like pet supplements to the extensive training its animal-loving customer service team gets and its neighborhood stores with pet wash stations and pet community support groups. The company has had continuously strong growth for over three decades by remaining focused on its passion and its purpose – animal advocacy. Pet Food Express has helped find forever homes for more than 23,000 animals through its 64 California stores or as host of the Bay Area Pet Fair, the largest animal adoption event in North America. The company is a committed partner to more than 275 non-profit animal rescue and shelter organizations every year, providing them with much-needed aid through fundraising, product donations, help recruiting and retaining volunteers and adoption support. Named as a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for the last nine years, the company’s dog-friendly headquarters are located in Oakland, California and are home to 200 employees.