Did you know 65 percent of U.S. dog owners take more pictures of their dog than of their significant other, or that 65 percent of pet parents got their most recent dog for companionship?
Rover.com, a marketplace of pet sitters and dog walkers, compiled those and other Valentine’s Day-themed pet facts. Here are some more numbers from the company that prove just how much people love their pets:
- 61 percent of pet parents would end a relationship for their pet
- Over 1/4 of pet parents have brought their pet on a date
- If they were browsing a dating site, 85 percent of pet parents would be more likely to “swipe right” on a photo that included a dog
- 59 percent of pet parents say they’d whip up a special meal for their dog to enjoy on Valentine’s Day
- 32 percent of pet parents consider their pet their Valentine
Keep on loving those pets!