“The New Complete Dog Book” is the American Kennel Club’s “Bible” of dogs. For the past 88 years it has been the ultimate breed resource—the one book that no purebred dog aficionado and expert can live without. In addition to being the longest continually published dog book in history, it is also the most successful dog book ever published, with more than 2 million copies sold.
The revised and updated 22nd edition contains revised breed standards, changes in breed classifications and recently recognized breeds. Dog owners, breeders and clubs will also find the most current information on AKC registration, competitive events and programs.
Readers will discover the following in “The New Complete Dog Book”:
- Official standard for every AKC-recognized breed, including seven variety groups and the miscellaneous class
- Breed histories, puppy-buying tips and pet attributes, each breed written by one of the 200 AKC national parent clubs
- Over 800 exceptional color photographs of adults and puppies illustrate each four-page breed entry
- Spotlight on finding well-bred puppies, sports and activities for dogs and owners, AKC programs, and canine anatomy
- Illustrated glossary of canine terminology