Pet Age Staff//March 9, 2018//
Pet Age Staff //March 9, 2018//
BY JACINTHE MOREAU
As pet professionals, you’re acutely aware of the industry’s strength and growth as well as the need to stay up-to-date on current trends and customer needs in order to remain successful. As the leading association for the pet products and services industry, World Pet Association (WPA) is committed to helping the entire pet industry stay connected with new products and innovations, the latest education and industry information, and timely legislation that affects everyone involved in the companion animal world.
In my new position as president of WPA, I take this commitment very seriously, and I’m determined to lead an organization that provides business owners collective support in their efforts to manage and grow their business, while also advocating for the health, safety and wellness of our animal friends. I’m proud to step into this new role to continue the good works that the organization does on a daily basis. Behind the scenes, WPA works tirelessly to plan world-class trade shows. In the community, WPA supports pet professionals and pet owners through education and awareness. And on Capitol Hill, WPA supports organizations who lobby for legislation that will positively and ethically affect the entire pet industry.
WPA’s many programs and services help members expand their customer base, increase profitability and maintain a competitive edge. Members look to WPA for the strategies, education, information, resources and contacts they need to build their businesses. To help meet the challenges of a changing business environment, WPA is a conduit to the latest industry news, market research and media resources through a wide offering of tools, including:
• WPA Industry Insider, an information-packed newsletter that provides tools to grow your business savvy. From tips to providing exceptional customer experience to best practices to stay competitive, and from tools you need to master email marketing and expert advice to create and maintain a customer database, this monthly offering keeps you connected to the trend topics and industry news that impact your business. You can explore past editions and sign up to receive the Industry Insider on the WPA website.
• A white paper series that brings WPA’s expertise and retailer support to the forefront. The most recent edition, Database Collection Made Easy, offers insight on the importance of data as a tool to analyze customers’ buying patterns and product preferences, and effectively tailor messaging based on this analysis.
• The Retail Operating Performance Report, an annual benchmarking tool to help pet professionals evaluate financial and operating performance in relation to a cross-section of the industry. This invaluable publication includes a compilation on and analysis of sales and operations data, as well as additional profile information, designed to help pet retailers monitor and manage expenses, measure and improve productivity, evaluate employee effectiveness and improve their company’s bottom line.
• WPA’s newsfeed, which features stories from leading industry magazines, bloggers, vendors and community leaders, all organized in one convenient, easy-to-access place.
• Industry-leading education and networking through WPA’s world-class events. Featuring an unrivaled education program and products showcase, our series of events—America’s Family Pet Expo, Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference, Aquatic Experience and SuperZoo—offer attendees expert-led education to grow their knowledge in everything from new grooming techniques to best practices in data mining, customer service, social media engagement and more.
It’s an exciting time to be in the pet products and services business and an even more exciting time for me to delve into all the benefits and services WPA provides to the industry as I explore ways to grow the organization to better serve the pet retail and services community. I look forward to sharing more with you over the coming year and to meeting you face-to-face at one of our shows.