Canine Extravaganza, the nation’s largest celebration of dogs, returns to Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center’s West Building this December 17 and 18 with exciting elements for all dog lovers. Tickets are on sale this week.
Formerly known as “Celebrate Dogs!,” the two-day event takes place on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is presented by the American Kennel Club and Royal Canin. There will be plenty of fun, events and thousands of dogs for the whole family to enjoy:
- Returning this year is the extremely popular Diving Dogs competition, where canine athletes will show off their extreme water diving skills.
- Meet and play with over 150 dog breeds at AKC Meet the Breeds. This interactive, educational showcase helps individuals learn which breeds are best for their lifestyle, straight from the experts themselves.
- Take the family to the Fun Zone, presented by pet insurance provider PetPartners, Inc., where kids can take part in a host of fun activities.
- Shop one of the largest collections of specialized vendors at the Doggie Boutique mall to pick up unique gifts for your favorite dog lover or pet just in time for the holidays.
- Girl Scouts can participate in a patch program where they will have tons of fun and learn about dog shows.
Canine Extravaganza is also home to one of the world’s premiere dog events, the 2016 AKC National Championship Presented by Royal Canin, where the nation’s top canine competitors will vie for the coveted Best in Show honor and the highest cash prize offered for any AKC Dog Show.
Other event highlights will include the AKC Agility Invitational, the AKC Obedience Classic, the National Owner Handled Series finals and Juniors competition in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally.
For those who can’t attend in person, extensive evening event coverage will once again be offered free of charge via live streaming video at www.akc.org, www.royalcanin.com/akcdogshow and live on Fido TV.