The Kennel Club of Philadelphia has finalized dates for this year’s National Dog Show Month in Philadelphia. The Delaware Valley’s annual canine extravaganza will culminate in two all-breed dog shows to be held on Saturday and Sunday, November 19-20, 2016 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
The show scheduled for Saturday is the National Dog Show presented by Purina, aired nationally on Thanksgiving Day. It is one of only four shows in the United States that is “benched,” meaning that all dogs (estimated 2,000) from among some 200 breeds are located all day long in specific areas to interact with the public.
Tickets are $16 for adults, $7 for children aged 4-12 years. Children three and under are admitted free.
The schedule of events leading up to the National Dog Show is as follows:
- National Dog Show Charity Walk: Sunday, October 16, 9 am–12pm in Wilson Farm Park, 500 Lee Road, Wayne, PA
- National Dog Show Press Preview: Thursday, November 10, starting at 11 am at Petplan Pet Insurance, 3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240, Newtown Square, PA
- The Perfect Dog Theatrical Production: Friday, November 11 at 7 pm and Saturday, November 12, at 3 pm at Centre Theater, 208 DeKalb St. (Route 202), Norristown, PA
- National Dog Show Gala: Friday November 18, 6:30-9:30 pm at Valley Forge Casino, 1160 First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA
- Kennel Club of Philadelphia’s National Dog Shows: Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 19-20, All Day at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks, 100 Station Avenue, Oaks, PA
For more information on any of the events, visit www.nationaldogshow.com.