The following was posted on the PetSmart site on August 31 and confirmed by Pet Age with a PetSmart spokesperson:
In cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, PetSmart is conducting a voluntary product recall of the All Living Things Reptile Strip Light Fixture (20-inch and 30-inch). The strip light’s fluorescent bulb can overheat causing the hood on the light fixture to ignite, posing a fire hazard. No other products are impacted by this issue.
Product Name (Brand, Description, etc.): All Living Things 20” Reptile Light Fixture
Product Name (Brand, Description, etc.): All Living Things 30” Reptile Light Fixture
Please stop using the identified products and bring them to your nearest PetSmart for a full refund.
If you have questions about this voluntary product recall, please contact the PetSmart Customer Care team at (888) 839-9638 between the hours of 7 a.m. and midnight EST.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website, PetSmart has received six reports of the hood on the recalled light fixtures igniting. It is believed 23,000 of the products, which were manufactured by Tianjin McLanzoo Pet Articles, of Tianjin, China, were sold at PetSmart stores nationwide from March 2017 through July 2018.