Petcurean has launched two new NOW FRESH small breed recipes for adult dogs: Small Breed Grain Free Red Meat and Small Breed Grain Free Fish. As the population of small breed dogs continues to grow, currently representing 52 percent of the U.S. dog population, so does the demand for recipes that are specially formulated for small breeds. Petcurean’s small breed kibbles are one of the smallest in the market, featuring a unique clover shape for easy chewing and digestion, and are made with 100 percent fresh meat, 100 percent fresh omega oils and zero rendered ingredients.
“As pets are increasingly being recognized as family members, pet owners are calling for more premium pet foods that reflect their own health trends,” said Jenna Fortin, director of marketing at Petcurean. “We developed these two new recipes to meet pet parents’ desire to nourish their companions with natural, high quality ingredients, while addressing the specific nutrition and dietary needs of small breed dogs.”
The new NOW FRESH Small Breed Grain Free Red Meat and Fish recipes for adult dogs feature 100 percent fresh lamb and pork or 100 percent fresh trout, salmon and herring. Other recipe highlights include:
- Coconut oil: easily digested and absorbed to promote skin and coat health, weight loss, improve cracked paws, and to increase energy.
- Egg: an ideal protein because it’s 100 percent digestible and has the ideal amino acid composition for dogs and cats.
- Parsley and peppermint: natural ingredients to promote fresh breath.
- Apples: high in vitamin C, fiber and good for the digestive tract.
- Grain-free, gluten-free: Zero grains, gluten, wheat, beef, chicken, corn or soy.
- Zero rendered meats, by-products, added growth hormones or artificial preservatives.
NOW FRESH Small Breed recipes are formulated with ingredients that help support oral health and fresh breath, including sodium tripolyphosphate, which binds calcium to protect teeth from tartar formation, and parsley and peppermint, which are natural ingredients that contribute to fresh breath. In addition, the small clover-shaped kibble contributes to high palatability, easy chewing, and effective digestion.
As with Petcurean’s other NOW FRESH Small Breed recipes, the new Red Meat and Fish recipes are great for rotational feeding—which helps keep small breed notoriously picky eaters eager for mealtime. All formulas feature the same basic ingredients, so there is typically no transition period required