Lightspeed, a cloud point-of-sale system, has teamed up with financial software provider Intuit QuickBooks Online and workforce management platform Planday to bring a full-suite of services to businesses in the retail (and restaurant) space, empowering them to grow and thrive. Together, these three Apple Mobility Partners provide an integrated service offering that supports better business management, from planning finances and organizing work schedules, to simplifying merchant-to-customer transactions.
Retailers who use this integration can benefit from a seamless user experience that will help them save costs, reduce time spent on admin tasks and better engage their employees. In addition, with the latest integrations of Intuit QuickBooks Online and Planday, Lightspeed customers using iPhone and iPad will have access to:
- Integrated solutions that provide a clear picture of the overall business, enabling owners to deliver an improved customer experience;
- Onboarding for the integrated solution via collaboration between a cross-company team of customer service representatives;
- Mobile POS connected to inventory, eCommerce, and back-of-house to take a retail store anywhere or serve customers table-side
This can be beneficial because users can now:
- Manage and report on all inventory from one centralized location with Lightspeed
- Have all the sales information flow automatically from Lightspeed into the proper general ledger accounts in Intuit QuickBooks Online to understand the business at a single glance
- Schedule all employee shifts based on expected revenues and manage individual or group communication in one place with Planday
- All information around sales and employees’ time and attendance will roll up from Planday and Lightspeed into Intuit QuickBooks Online to run payroll
- With the three platforms speaking to each other, it makes the business more efficient and saves time by consolidating reports
This relationship is significant for Lightspeed’s growing global customer base, according to Julian Teixeira, VP of Sales at Lightspeed.
“This relationship ushers in a new era of ease and innovation for our customers. With this integration, we are delivering one experience to retail and restaurant customers to help them save time, make more money, and improve data accuracy through automatic syncing of all systems,” Teixeira said. “The way retailers and restaurants do business has changed, and a modern-day POS system should support a business owner so they can spend more time focused on their customers.”
And QuickBooks will now play a role in improving profitability for business owners.
“Maintaining profitable margins for goods and services and ensuring reliable payroll are two key priorities for retail and restaurant businesses,” said Mauricio Comi, leader of Product Partnerships at Intuit QuickBooks. “This technology solution is especially designed to help alleviate these pain points. With Lightspeed, Planday and QuickBooks, small business owners can gain valuable insights into many aspects related to the performance and health of their business so they can make smart decisions to ensure their growth and success.”
“Businesses in the retail and restaurant industries need to provide the best possible customer experience, while at the same time staying on top of costs. Ensuring the right employees are in position and with the right team size during busy or quiet periods is key to success, but this has been a real admin challenge for operators. The combined solution represents a significant step in solving this equation with the minimum of effort,” said Christian Broendum, CEO of Planday.