Do you “speak dog?” If not, Link AKC, Kate Upton and her dog, Harley, can help! Link AKC, creators of the Link AKC smart collar for dogs, is launching a content series starring supermodel, actress and dog lover Kate Upton and her boxer, Harley. The entertaining and informative six-part video series is part of a brand partnership between Link AKC and Upton to support the national launch of the smart collar and educate consumers how this product can strengthen the bond between owner and dog. Fans will get an up close look at the special bond between Harley and “his human” and how the cutting-edge technology in the smart collar helps Upton play a more active role in managing Harley’s health and happiness. Watch one of the first two videos here.
A self-described “dog mom,” Upton is one of 60 million U.S. households that consider their dog a member of the family and are looking for ways to better understand their best friend. The Link AKC smart collar and app incorporates sophisticated smart home, wearable and mobile technologies in an easy-to-use product that provides valuable insights for dog owners to give them peace of mind that they are doing what is best for their dog.
“The team of passionate tech experts, designers and dog lovers at Link AKC designed the smart collar for the lifestyle and needs of today’s dog owner and dog,” said Herbie Calves, CMO and SVP of Marketing. “Kate and Harley are the perfect ambassadors to showcase the functionality, fashion, engagement and fun of the smart collar that makes it a leader in the pet tech/wearables industry.”
“Everyone knows I am obsessed with Harley. And I’m pretty sure he feels the same about me! When we’re together, the LINK AKC smart collar allows me to record and share our hikes and other adventures,” Upton said. “When Harley can’t be by my side, I can still feel connected to him through his smart collar, which tells me his location, environment and activity levels from anywhere, right on my phone.”
The Link AKC smart collar launched in September 2016 and began shipping to consumers in February 2017. CES recognized the smart collar as a 2017 “Best of Innovation” winner. With a range of valuable features and great user experience, the Link AKC smart collar is poised to lead a new category of luxury technology for a large and growing consumer demographic. The pet wearables market, alone, is expected to reach $2.4 billion by 2022.
The Link AKC smart collar is made of high quality, durable leather that is both fashionable and functional and is the only curved smart device designed to comfortably fit the natural shape of a dog’s neck. Collars are available in four different sizes to fit a wide range of dogs, from small to extra-large.
Dog owners will appreciate the many features that provide benefits for both the dog and owner, including:
- GPS tracking and location: Gives dog owners peace of mind with the ability to track the dog’s location and receive alerts if the dog becomes loose.
- Activity monitor: Provides insightful activity recommendations to help owners take a more informed role in managing their dogs’ wellness. Owners can monitor and track their dogs’ daily activity levels to help ensure their dogs are getting the right level of activity for the dog’s breed, age, and size.
- Remote-controlled light: The only smart collar with a remote- controlled light to help an owner find their dog in the dark.
- Temperature: Alerts to notify you if your dog may be in an environment that is too hot or cold.
- Adventures: Record, save and share your special adventures together on social media.
- Training: App controlled sound that can assist owners in training their dog.