fbpx
 

Hartz Launches Year-Round Flea & Tick Consumer Education Campaign


May 5, 2015

Hartz launched a national consumer No F&T campaign to educate pet owners on the importance of year-round flea and tick protection. This dedicated messaging will be promoted through digital advertising and social media.

The primary flea and tick season in the United States is April – September, however fleas survive throughout the year. Hartz is committed to educating consumers that a consistently protected pet mounts a stronger defense against flea infestation; an infestation that cannot only pose a threat to the animals but also to the home. Hartz has a complete line of flea and tick products, including collars, shampoos, home and garden sprays and its best prevention product; Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea & Tick Drops for cats and dogs.

“Only 5 percent of the problem is addressed when consumers treat the adult fleas they can actually see,” states Lance Hemsarth, senior director, Research & Development at Hartz. “That means the remaining 95 percent of larvae and eggs left untreated can cause re-infestation. It is our duty as a trusted pet care brand to educate families regarding the health benefits of consistent flea prevention treatment for their pets.”

Like personal health exams and smoke alarm battery checks, establishing preventative behavior aids in overall health. Implementing interactive and engaging tactics to augment this behavior is the goal of this campaign.

Renowned veterinarian, Dr. Bernadine Cruz, will contribute to the No F&T messaging through her practice based in Laguna Woods, Calif. as well as through her internet based radio show ‘The Pet Doctor’ heard on www.PetLifeRadio.com.

“I have a special interest in flea and tick care for dogs and cats,” said Cruz. “When applied consistently, pet owners can safeguard their animals and their homes year round, eliminating costly veterinary office visits for infestation and help protect the health of their pets and family. I am thrilled to be a part of this educational campaign.”

The No F&T approach will target consumers with the hashtag #NOFT to create community among pet owners and establish a prevention lifestyle. Digital ads and social media messaging, including monthly care reminders, will be communicated via Facebook starting this month.

Share This Story On:

Stockroom //
New Products

Digital Guide

CBD Trends

This digital guide provides valuable information on the subject of CBD, including content on dosage and the importance of being fully transparent about the product’s origin

Dog & Cat Needs

With dogs and cats being members of the family, there's vital information to know in order to serve their pet parents.

Pet Nutrition

Discover how science, technology and pet owning lifestyles are changing the industry.

Enews Subscribe

20454
close
Subscribe To Pet Age
Sign up for the weekly e-newsletter, print magazine and more. Sign Up