The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo returns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 12, 13 and 14, 2018, with fur flying new entertainment, dog sporting competitions and educational acts – that will amaze spectators at any age.
The annual pet expo will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center for the three-day event. The Pet Expo is designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets. It will feature many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, hands-on-petting zoo and pet adoptions. The expo is also the perfect way for pet parents to shop and meet with vendors with brand new pet products on the market. Over 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand.
The event is expected to draw over 15,000 attendees over the weekend, and pet owners can bring their well-behaved leashed dogs to the expo.
Some of this year’s highlights are:
- NEW! Dog Lovers Day Lure Course – Dogs will have a blast running through the lure course and testing out their agility while letting out some energy. Dogs love to zip through this course, and it’s a blast to watch! (Additional fee charged)
- NEW! TICA Cat show hosted by the Central Jersey Cat Fanciers – For cat lovers who have never been to a cat show, this is a “furtastic” way to see different and rare breeds of cats up close!
- NEW! Johnny Peers, Muttville Comix –Johnny Peers and his personality-plus canines will be there to tickle your funny bone. Peer’s show is for the whole family. The stars of his show are comprise of rescue dogs, like Daphne, a skateboarding basset hound; Squeaky, the ladder climbing fox terrier; Mr. Pepe, who only responds to commands in Spanish and so many more adorable mutts.
- NEW! Butterfly Experience – Step into the magical world of butterflies and learn about their life cycle, see them flutter around you and have a go at feeding them. Partnering with the U.S. Wildlife on conservation of butterflies informational materials will be provided. There is a fee of $2 for adults and $1 for children to enter the Butterfly Garden, which includes about 200 live butterflies, painted ladies and monarchs that families can feed.
- Rainforest Reptile Show – an adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world! Many exotic reptiles will be at the show for kids and adults alike to learn about.
- Superfit Canine – See disaster working dogs show how they find people missing in a disaster. Plus, see their amazing ladder skills.
In addition attendees will enjoy a petting zoo, learn about and meet Alpacas and other animals.
“This year we have added many new additions to the show that will delight children and adults of all ages. You also don’t want to miss any of the Flyball Competition, the new lure coursing action or the TICA cat show! This is one of our biggest pet expos and we always love to be in the Philly area,” said show organizer Karen Garetano of Family Pet Shows, which hosts the annual Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo. “We strive to make our events family and pet friendly and we highly endorse responsible pet ownership. At the expo, attendees can expect to learn, be entertained by many high flying and educational pet talent acts, and meet and see animals they have never seen before!”
Attendees can also participate with their purebred dog in the Parade of Breeds on Saturday, January 13, of the expo. Go to the event’s website for the information and forms.
The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo will be held on Friday, January 12 4 p.m.-9 p.m. (which is Family Night, and kids 12 and under are admitted free), Saturday, January 13, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and on Sunday, January 14, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is $13 for adults and $6 for children (ages 11 and under), children 3 and under are admitted free. You can go to the website at www.familypetshows.com to purchase tickets online.