Family Pet Shows, which acquired the Connecticut Pet Expo from Jenks Productions earlier this year, will be holding the show at a brand new Pet Friendly facility! The XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut, will turn into an animal lover’s delight on Saturday and Sunday, November 11 and 12, 2017, from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday. This year, for the first time ever, pet parents can bring their well-behaved leashed pets with them to enjoy the show.
Family Pet Shows, which hosts several expos in New York and Pennsylvania, wants to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets. Featuring many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, opportunities to have hands-on experiences with different animals, information on pet adoptions and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets.
The Connecticut Pet Expo is expected to draw thousands of attendees over the two-day event. In addition to being pet friendly this year, there are many new entertaining and educational animal acts at this year’s show.
Some of this year’s highlights are:
- NEW! – Attendees are allowed to bring their well-behaved leashed pet to the expo. Pets must be leashed (6-foot leashes only), well-behaved and up-to-date on vaccinations. For additional information on the pet policy, click here.
- NEW! – Rainforest Reptile Show – an exciting, fascinating adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world! Many exotic reptiles will be slithering around at the show, including alligators, snakes, lizards, turtles and more. Reptile and wildlife experts talking about all kinds of our scaly reptilian friends.
- NEW – Parade of Breeds – Participate with your dog in the Parade of Breeds to be held on Saturday of the show. Open to dogs 6 months and older. Attendees can contact Karen@familypetshows.com for the entry form to enter their dog!
- NEW – Horizon Wings Birds of Prey Educational Presentation – Learn the characteristics and behaviors of these majestic birds. Bird enthusiasts can also learn about the secret lives of owls.
- NEW – Top Hat and Tails – K-9 Musical Freestyle and Frisbee Introduction – Forget about “Dancing with the Stars”! It’s Dancing With Your Dogs! A wonderful display of communication and relationship between dog and handler set to music. A big crowd pleaser!
- Gail Mirabella and The Dynamo Dogs Variety Act! You can teach your old do new tricks – these veteran-performing dogs will knock the spectators’ socks off with their Trick Dog Show Routine, Frisbee Dog Acrobatics and dynamite performances! Gail and her canine friends will wow the crowd as they do all over the country. Gail has performed at the National Dog Show and also the Westminster Kennel Club dog show in 2017.
- East Hartford K9 Police – K9 demonstrations are designed to portray the skill involved in the work performed by the K9 team on a daily basis. These demonstrations also give children and adults an opportunity to gain knowledge about the K9 Unit.
- Connecticut Emergency Animal Response Team will be doing a first aid demonstration showing ways owners can help their pets when an emergency happens.
- TICA Championship Cat Show – for cat lovers who have never been to a cat show, this is a “purrific” way to see all different breeds of cats up close!
“We are looking forward to continuing the Connecticut Pet Show, with some improvements and additional shows within our show! First and foremost we have moved the show to a pet-friendly facility so now pet parents can bring their well-behaved leashed pets with them,” said Dennis Garetano of Family Pet Shows. “And we always highly endorse responsible pet ownership at our family and pet friendly pet expos.”
Admission is $10.00 for adults and $5 for children ages 12 and under. Children 3 and under are admitted free.
For additional information or vendor space call (631) 423-0620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.