Canine Extravaganza, the nation’s largest celebration of dogs, returns to Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center’s North/South Building this December 16 and 17 with exciting elements for all dog lovers.
Presented by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and Royal Canin, a global dog food brand, this two-day event takes place on Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with plenty of fun events and thousands of dogs for the whole family to enjoy:
- Returning this year is the extremely popular North American Diving Dogs competition, where canine athletes will show off their extreme water diving skills.
- Meet and play with hundreds of dog breeds at AKC Meet the Breeds. This interactive, educational showcase helps individuals learn which breeds are best for their lifestyle, straight from the experts themselves.
- Take the family to the Fun Zone, presented by pet insurance provider PetPartners, Inc., where kids can take part in all sorts of fun activities.
- See exciting demonstrations throughout the day at the Eukanuba Demonstration Ring, such as AKC Trick Dogs, AKC Scent Work, nutritional talks and much more.
- Shop one of the largest collections of specialized vendors at the Doggie Boutique mall and pick up unique gifts for your favorite dog lover or pet just in time for the holidays.
- Scouts and 4-H groups can participate in the AKC Patch program where they will have tons of fun and learn about dog shows.
Canine Extravaganza is home to one of the world’s premiere dog events, the 2017 AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin, where the nation’s top canine competitors will vie for the coveted Best in Show honor and the highest cash prize offered at any AKC Dog Show. Other event highlights include the AKC Agility Invitational, the AKC Obedience Classic, the National Owner-Handled Series finals, and Juniors competition in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally.