Archer Daniels Midland Company yesterday celebrated the opening of its new, high-tech premix facility in Effingham, Illinois.
“Today’s pet food and animal nutrition customers have higher standards for quality and process controls than ever before, and our new plant in Effingham has the industry-leading technology needed to meet and exceed their needs,” said Chuck Loefer, vice president of ADM Animal Nutrition. “For our customers, this means faster service, more customization to meet every need, and higher capacity—in short, everything they can and should expect from ADM Animal Nutrition.”
The new facility, located in the Effingham Industrial Park, features state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Automation within receiving, batching, packaging, and loadout.
- Multiple batching systems with simultaneous weighing for high efficiency and high output.
- Metal detection and protection from receiving to packaging.
- In-line screening, sizing, and sifting capabilities.
- A bar coding system that uniquely identifies each item all the way from receiving to shipping.
“ADM Animal Nutrition is investing to become the go-to partner for livestock, aquaculture and companion-animal customers around the globe,” said Samson Li, president of ADM Animal Nutrition. “From our new premix plants and aquaculture capabilities in Asia, to our addition of pet treat leader Crosswind Industries, to the enhancement and upgrades to our facilities in North America—including our great new plant in Effingham—we are leading the charge and helping our customers succeed in a fast-growing market.”