While it’s crunch time for Americans deciding who the next President of the United States will be, the American Pet Products Association (APPA) is excited to introduce some of its members looking to let pets partake in the debates as well.
This year, pet product manufacturers are taking advantage of the election hype and offering fun and unique products for pets and pet owners. From costumes to dog waste bags, these innovative products are a fun way to show support, no matter what side owners or their furry pals are on.
- Back by popular demand after much success during the 2012 Presidential Election, the 2016 Smear Campaign by MetroPaws includes two limited editions of degradable dog waste bags: the Democrap edition in blue, featuring Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s face, and the Repooplican edition in red, featuring Republican nominee Donald Trump’s face.
- New to the Rubie’s Costume Company line of pet costumes comes the Pawlitical Billionaire Wig and Business Suit, allowing any pet to channel their inner politician. Unlike a regular suit, this one is comfortable and easy to wear—sure to have dogs barking orders in no time.
- Practicing politics can build up quite an appetite. Introducing the all-new Grain-Free Presidential Platter dog food by Merrick Pet Care. Winning the majority vote in the “Can-Paign” contest to be the new featured fall flavor, the Presidential Platter recipe includes turkey, salmon, carrots and green beans in gravy.
- Bark the vote with the goDog Checkers collection, featuring Donkey and Elephant plush toys. Both toys include goDog’s proprietary Chew Guard Technology for extra toughness and longer-lasting fun this election season.
- May the best dog win, with new 2016 election-inspired musical toys by Celebrity Pet Toy Company. Trumpet for the GOP plush dog toy makes a trumpeting noise when squeezed and Bark for Hillary pays a snippet of “Hail to the Chief.” Let all political pooches have a ‘voice’ in this year’s election.