The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo returns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 13, 14 and 15, 2017, with fur flying new entertainment, dog sporting competitions and educational acts that will amaze spectators at any age.
The annual pet expo will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center for the three-day event. The Pet Expo is designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets and will feature many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, petting zoo, pet adoptions and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets. The expo is also the perfect way for pet parents to shop and meet with vendors with brand new pet products on the market.
The event is expected to draw over 15,000 attendees over the weekend, and pet owners can bring their well-behaved leashed dogs to the expo. Over 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand.
Some of this year’s highlights are:
- Flyball Tournament by Hard Drive Flyball Club: The ultimate relay race for dogs, Flyball is one of the fastest dog sports and comprised of dog teams. With dogs racing by in a blur, it promises to be pure excitement.
- Gail Mirabella and The Dynamo Dogs Variety Act: You can teach your old new tricks. These veteran-performing dogs will knock spectators’ socks off with their Trick Dog Show Routine, Frisbee Dog Acrobatics and dynamite performances. Mirabella and her canine friends will wow the crowd as they do all over the country.
- Rainforest Reptile Show: Take an exciting, fascinating adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world. Many exotic reptiles will be at the show for kids and adults to learn about.
- Rabbit Hopping and Guinea Pig Agility: Rabbit Hopping is not the bunny hop you’re thinking of, but talented rabbits who love to jump. Guinea Pit Agility? Move over border collies there’s a new agility in town! Allikatt’s Bunnies will present an agility demo of rabbits hopping and guinea pig agility all weekend, and there is even a seminar so you can learn how to get involved in this sport with your own hare.
- Superfit Canine: Come and see Disaster Working Dogs show how they find people missing in a disaster. Plus, see their amazing ladder skills.
- The Delco Bird Club: The club will show various species of birds and provide information on the birds’ care, diet and natural habitat.
In addition, attendees can enjoy pony rides and learn about and meet alpacas and other unusual, exotic animals.
The event is a perfect opportunity for film and video coverage of exotic pets and outrageously entertaining pets.
“We are excited to have some new additions this year, including Guinea Pig Agility demonstrations and seminars on how to do this with your own Guinea Pig at the show. You also don’t want to miss any of the Flyball Competition, which was a big hit at last year’s show. This is one of our biggest pet expos and we are so happy to be in Philadelphia again,” said show organizer Karen Garetano of Family Pet Shows which hosts the annual Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo. “We strive to make our events family and pet friendly and we highly endorse responsible pet ownership. At the expo, attendees can expect to learn, be entertained by many high flying and educational pet talent acts, and meet and see animals they have never seen before.”
Attendees can also participate with their purebred dog in the Parade of Breeds on Saturday, January 14. Check out the expo’s website for the information and forms.
The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo will be held on Friday, January 13, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. (which is Family Night, and kids 12 and under are admitted free), Saturday, January 14, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Sunday, January 15, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults and $5 for children (ages 11 and under), kids 3 and under are admitted for free. You can go to the website at www.familypetshows.com for discount coupons or to purchase tickets online. Check the expo’s Facebook page for promotional codes for the online tickets.
For additional information, vendor space or how to become a sponsor, call (631) 423-0620, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the expo’s website.